Still just friends? Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's Oscars night out seemed more like a date …
Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott added more fuel to rumors they're ready to rekindle their romance over the weekend when they hit Vanity Fair's Oscars afterparty together. Since their split four months ago, the two have spent a good deal of time together, but their 2-year-old daughter Stormi is usually the focus of their hangs — as was the case last week when they threw the toddler a huge birthday party (where they were reportedly "inseparable"). On Sunday, Feb. 9, the former couple donned their best threads and joined Kylie's sisters Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian, for a limo ride to the bash. According to People, the makeup mogul shared footage of her sisters and ex having fun together on their way to the annual, post-Academy Awards event. Kylie confirmed reports she and the "Astroworld" rapper had split in October, explaining that they remained "on great terms" and were prioritizing their "friendship" and daughter above everything else. A source recently told People Kylie and Travis are "very happy" with their current relationship status (whatever it may be) but cautioned that "it seems too early to say that they are officially back together," adding Kylie may be waiting for "more of a commitment from Travis" before she makes any kind of public announcement. "But they are great together," said the source. "And of course, it's best for Stormi to have both parents around as much as possible." In the meantime, there's clearly been no love lost for the two. In Kylie's Harper's Bazaar cover interview, she said she and her ex are "like best friends." In December, Travis told XXL magazine, "I love [Stormi's] mommy and I always will," Scott told XXL magazine in December. He then pointed out, "The hard part about relationships is just trying to be in one without a million outside voices interfering."
Read on for the scoop on all the stars who lined up to chat with Brad Pitt after the Oscars …
Brad Pitt was the star of a roomful of stars at the Vanity Fair Oscars party
Brad Pitt was hands down, the man of the hour for all of awards season, which he handily capped off on Sunday, Feb. 9, by winning his first acting Oscar for "Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood." So it's perhaps no surprise that he was also arguably the most in-demand guest at Vanity Fair's glittery Oscars afterparty. Ticking off the many famous faces he caught up with during the event, Vogue noted the easy-on-the-eyes star put on his "best listening face" while chatting up a shiny leather suit-clad Kanye West and "leaned in" appropriately while talking to Kanye's wife, Kim Kardashian and actress Margaret Qualley. (Brad previously gushed about how moving he found Kanye's Sunday Services to be.) Other stars who rubbed elbows with Brad over the course of the night included Tiffany Haddish, who looked more than a little titillated to find herself standing beside him for a photo; Spike Lee, who wore his heart and NBA fandom literally on his sleeve with a Kobe Bryant/Lakers-inspired blazer; fellow Hollywood producer Elizabeth Banks; and Adrien Brody and Tyrese Gibson, who were spotted sharing a fistbump in Brad's company. Asked what's next now that he's done scoring all those best supporting actor wins, Brad told ET: "Right now, I think it's time to go disappear for a little while now and get back to making things." He went on to give some love to his peers, telling press backstage at the Oscars: "… it has been a really special run and again, it's a community I love and friends I've made over 30 years, and they mean a lot to me, truly. And I feel a responsibility to that, more than anything."
Angelina Jolie wants to expand her humanitarian efforts
With the support of a new team, courtesy of her recent signing to the WME agency, Angelina Jolie is working on plans to become even more active in the humanitarian fields that have dominated her time in recent years. Page Six reports that while Angelina wants to continue acting — she has two films, "Eternals" and "Those Who Wish Me Dead" due out this year — she's currently looking for more opportunities to explore global issues like the plight of refugees and the state of education in conflict zones. Documentaries, books and "other initiatives" are all on the table, according to Page Six's sources. "Angelina has been looking for a global company to support her global ambitions …," says one insider. "She wants to diversify and to grow. This is all about helping Angelina create a platform to use her knowledge of international humanitarian causes . . . She has been asking, 'How do I use my platform to get more people involved and invested in the causes?' The discussions have been about documentaries, events, speeches, books, cause-driven movies." In addition to her ongoing work as a Special Envoy for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees through the U.N., the 44-year-old is executive producing a BBC news series called "BBC My World," a series tailored to kids in an effort to help them distinguish between "fake news" and real news.
RELATED: Angelina Jolie's life in pictures
Justin Bieber's 'Intentions' video inspires thousands of dollars' worth of donations to a women's shelter
Justin Bieber's new music video — for his Quavo collaboration, "Intentions" — has already helped garner public support for Alexandria House, the transitional living home for women featured in the recording. The video ends with a note about a $200,000 donation Justin and Quavo apparently made to the home and a link to how viewers can donate to increase that support even further. According to TMZ, since the video was released at midnight on Thursday, Feb. 6, Alexandria House has received more than $10,000 donations from all over the world. The home's website, meanwhile, has reportedly seen an 800 percent jump in traffic. Some of the money raised will reportedly go to the women who appear in the video for expenses like tuition and after-school programs, while the rest has been earmarked to support the 30 current residents and 200 former residents.
Jon Hamm on the possibility of a 'Mad Men' reboot
In spite of what seems like an endless stream of reboots on the small and big screen, "Mad Men" fans probably shouldn't hold their breath while waiting for Jon Hamm, Elisabeth Moss and the rest of the cast to revisit their characters. Speaking to Us Weekly over the weekend, Jon made it pretty clear he has zero interest in working on any kind of Don Draper update. Asked about the possibility of a reboot, he jokingly asked if the reporter was referring to a reboot of the 2001 police procedural he shot for Lifetime, cracking. "You mean like 'The Division' on Lifetime? Is that what you're talking about?" before being more direct. "No is the short answer," he said. "But I'm glad I was involved with such a wonderful television program and hopefully, I'll get involved in another one."
Fans of Jennifer Lopez were ready to steal her an Oscar if they had to
Gripes about Jennifer Lopez's "Hustlers" Oscar snub have proliferated on social media since the nominees were announced, and J.Lo's fans snagged one last opportunity to tsk the Academy on Sunday, Feb. 9, during the ceremony. After a video tweet surfaced showing a guy carting a massive podium in the shape of Oscar himself down the red carpet, Jenny From the Block's fans came out in droves to repost it as a meme. "Me stealing an Oscar to give it to J.Lo for Hustlers," read one tweet (via E! News). Others reiterated that sentiment. the same clip was also used in reference to some of the big night's other snubs — in particular, the women directors who turned in acclaimed films and got shut out of the directing category.
Penn Badgley and Domino Kirke are expecting their first child together
Miscarriages are almost always difficult, but the experience must be even more challenging and painful for someone who works in the field of birthing. For doula Domino Kirke, whose famous family includes Jemima Kirke ("Girls") and Lola Kirke ("Mozart in the Jungle"), a rough span in which she endured two miscarriages has apparently come to an end. On Monday, Feb. 10, Domino announced on social media that she and her husband Penn Badgley are expecting their first child together. Alongside a photo of her baby bump, Domino wrote that she and Penn were "ready to call it" after the second miscarriage, at which point she said she'd "stopped trusting my body and started to accept the fact that I was done." She continued: "As a birth attendant, I've seen and heard it all. It takes everything I've got to detach lovingly from the losses I've been present for and be in my own experience." Referring to her 9-year-old son Cassius, from a previous relationship, she explained how different her pregnancy was likely to be this time around. "When I was pregnant at 25, I knew nothing. I had no community. I dove in blissfully unaware about birth and its mysteries," she told followers. "Now, with 10 years worth of experience to pull from, I treasure my birth community and the knowledge I have." Finally, she told her baby-to-be: "You're already teaching us how to stay in the day in a way we've never had to, little one. Thank you." Domino, 37, and Penn, 33, said "I do" back in 2017 after three years of dating. This will be his first child.
Duchess Meghan, Prince Harry hit with backlash over Miami summit
Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan may have stepped back from their royal duties, but they're still very much in the public eye — and that's not necessarily a good thing. According to Page Six, the couple's recent attendance at JP Morgan's Alternative Investment Summit in Miami last week raised some eyebrows, given their previous support of environmental organizations and concerns. JP Morgan has reportedly handed out $67 billion to corporations that handle fracking and Artic oil and gas exploration, the Rainforest Action Network reported in its 2019 climate change report. Meghan and Harry have previously spoken out about the "ticking clock to save the planet," making it odd that they'd actively support JP Morgan.
Katie Couric weighs in on Gayle King/Kobe Bryant controversy
Katie Couric did not seem surprised by the negative — and spiraling — reaction to Gayle King's questions for Lisa Leslie about the 2003 sexual assault allegation made against him. ET checked in with Katie at an Oscars afterparty over the weekend, asking for her take on the response to the clip garnered. Katie was quick to point out the key matter of context, since CBS featured the clip without any, allowing the teaser to suggest the misconduct was the only thing Gayle spoke with the former WNBA star about. "We're living in very fraught times and I think that things explode and I think Gayle was really smart to make sure she put it in context," Katie said. "I think it was a mistake, things get misunderstood, taken out of context and then they just explode at the speed of sound." She added, "I think you just have to be extra careful, extra sensitive, and extra thorough about the material that gets disseminated in the world." Gayle herself addressed the backlash first, noting that the interview was, in fact, "wide-ranging" and she was "extremely angry" that the network would air something that had been "taken out of context" so gravely. CBS has since waded into the controversy, too, telling ET: "Gayle conducted a thoughtful, wide-ranging interview with Lisa Leslie about the legacy of Kobe Bryant. An excerpt was posted that did not reflect the nature and tone of the full interview. We are addressing the internal process that led to this and changes have already been made." Kobe, along with his 13-year-old daughter Gigi and seven others died in a helicopter crash last month.
Jury to begin deliberations in Harvey Weinstein trial next week
Deliberations in Harvey Weinstein's sex assault trial are set to begin early next week, according to Page Six. The judge handling the case shared the timeline in court in New York City on Monday, Feb. 10. The former producer has not yet testified in his own defense amid charges he raped or sexually assaulted three women. He has maintained the women involved consented in each respective incident. Weinstein's legal team is expected to finish presenting their case by Thursday, after which they'll present closing arguments. The prosecution's lead counsel is slated to wrap things up on Friday. Given the President's Day holiday next week, deliberations will reportedly begin Tuesday, Feb. 18. If convicted, Weinstein could be sentenced to life in prison.